Thursday, January 29, 2009

Currenty Playing: FALLOUT 3

The first thing that stood out to me in this game with the incredible size and the great attention to detail. There's something about standing on a hill, looking over a blown-out Washington D.C. and realizing, I can explore that! Within the first hour of the game, my brother says to me, "That looks amazing. Can you actually go all the way out there?"

Hell yes you can.

If you're aware of Bethesda Softworks, or if you've played Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls game for that matter), you'd know how expansive and alive the worlds they create can be. There's something about being able to walk into a person's house and being able to steal literally anything and everything (with consequences of course). From the clothes in their closet to the silverware on the table, it's all pilferable.

The best way I can describe Fallout 3: It's Oblivion set in a post-nuclear-apocalypse Washington D.C. That could be good or bad depending on what you thought about Oblivion. Personally, I wasn't really able to get into Oblivion like I had hoped, but I was a huge Morrowind fan.

The story is captivating, the graphics are down right gorgeous, and the role playing elements will keep you coming back for more and more punishment. The nuclear apocalypse never looked so good.

Final thoughts when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment